Police Officer (VA Certified)
A sworn law enforcement position to provide law enforcement and crime prevention duties to include CLERY requirements for the University of Richmond within the University of Richmond Police Department.
- Protects community and property of the University.
- Patrols campus.
- Responds to calls of service.
- Provides safety and security services to the University Community.
- Promotes a positive community relation in the performance of job duties.
- Enforces University rules and regulations.
- Provides non-police related services as needed.
- Willing to work overtime assignments when needed.
- The person in this position has been identified as a Campus Security Authority and Responsible Employee for Clery and Title IX purposes respectively, the employee will maintain current training and comply with the responsibilities of both titles.
- Enforces VA Criminal and Traffic Laws.
- Makes arrests.
- Testifies in court.
- Enforces parking violations.
- Provides mutual aid and assistance to other law enforcement agencies as requested.
- Conducts criminal investigations, if assigned.
- Collects and maintain evidence.
- Writes reports in a clear manner.
- Initiates administrative reporting process for student violations of University rules and regulations.
- Attends department training to maintain required police standards.
- Currently certified as a Virginia Law Enforcement Officer through the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services.
- Able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Maintains all training standards and firearm requirements established by DCJS and URPD.
- Able to present to a wide variety of audiences regarding safety issues, and crime prevention topics.
- Demonstrates computer efficiency in Microsoft office and possesses effective communication skills.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing.
- High School Diploma.
- Virginia Certified Law Enforcement Officer.