Police Officer Uncertified (Police Cadet)
This is general police work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Police Officers perform work in accordance with the departmental rules and regulations and receive assignments and instructions from police personnel of higher rank.
$24.03 per hour plus overtime while attending Police Academy
Upon Certification $62,822.40 a year.
To apply for the position of Police Officer (non-certified) applicants MUST meet the following requirements:
1. Must be a U.S. citizen past the 21st birth date as of the date of application.
2. Currently possess, or be eligible to obtain, a Florida driver’s license with an overall good driving record. No single suspension of driver’s license within the past two (2) years and more than two (2) suspensions within the past five (5) year history (except if suspension was due to insurance error or clerk of court error).
3. Associates Degree, or 60 semester hours (with minimum 2.0 GPA) or 90 quarter hours (with minimum 2.0 GPA) of college course work from an accredited college or university and/or an honorable discharge from service in the U.S. Armed Forces and/or related law enforcement work experience.
4. NEVER have been convicted of a felony or other crime, which would indicate a lack of good moral character.
5. Required to take and successfully pass the following tests given through Broward College Criminal Justice Institute:
- Basic Motor Skills Test (within 6 months of application)
- Swim Test
- Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJ BAT Test) and achieve a passing score (Taken within four years of application) *CJBAT Test is not required for applicants who possess an Associates Degree or higher and/or Military Veterans with an Honorable Discharge.