Police Officer Trainee (Non-POST Certified)
This is a training level position to fulfill our mission through training, active patrol of University properties, crime investigation, identification and resolution of safety/security hazards and problems, assistance to students, staff, faculty and visitors, and handling of accidents and emergencies.
Close Date 04/01/2019
Salary $4,175 monthly + Full Benefits
The Colorado State University Police Department is a full service law enforcement organization and its mission is to respond to the needs of the campus community by maintaining public order and a safe environment. The University Police Patrol Division provides a complete range of law enforcement services including 24-hour car/foot/bicycle patrol, detection and investigations of crimes, arrest and prosecution of offenders, traffic control, special events management, crime prevention, and education.
One year of college coursework (30 semester hours).
You MUST submit official or unofficial transcripts if using your degree to meet the minimum requirement**
Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid Colorado Driver License
Must have NO:
• Felony convictions
• Domestic violence convictions
• Acquiring more than seven points in the last year and/or more than 12 points within the last two years on a driver’s license.
• Alcohol/drug related traffic convictions in the last three years and repeat alcohol/drug convictions after the age of 18 within the last ten years.
Must currently have OR be eligible to apply for Colorado P.O.S.T. certification. Current Colorado P.O.S.T. certification eligibility requirements may be found here: https://www.coloradopost.gov/certification
Note: Positions are subject to a background investigation in accordance with the administrative procedures of the State Personnel Director. Physical and psychological evaluations are required in accordance with section 24-31-303 (5) (b), C.R.S.
One year of law enforcement experience appropriate to the assignment or current P.O.S.T. Certification may substitute for the one year of college course work.
– You MUST attach your P.O.S.T. Certification to your application under “Special Required Documentation” in order to meet this substitution for college course work.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience & competencies (e.g. knowledge, skills, abilities, and other personal characteristics) which have been outlined as essential to performing successfully in this position:
• Current State of Colorado P.O.S.T. certification
• Completion of an Associate’s or higher level degree from an accredited college or university are highly desired
• Ability to verbally communicate with both internal and external constituents in a professional and direct manner while maintaining customer service
• Demonstrated attention to detail through diligence and maintaining a high standard for finished work product
• Examples roles requiring leadership and the associated characteristics of a strong leader: accountability, integrity, self-motivated, and a desire to lead others by example
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to establish and build relationships with a diverse range of colleagues and customers
• Demonstrated critical thinking skills to make decisions in emergency/harmful situations as well as the use of problem solving skills as part of daily work responsibilities