Police Officer Trainee
If you want to join a hard-working team that shares a commitment to keep the City of Escondido safe, clean and efficiently run, consider a career with the City of Escondido. We have an opening for the position of Police Officer Trainee in our Police Department. For a complete listing of job duties and qualifications, please refer to the corresponding job description, which can be obtained from the Human Resources Department or downloaded from the City’s website.
Under general supervision, patrols a beat or sector; enforces laws and ordinances and makes arrests; protects life and property and performs the necessary related tasks to fulfill these objectives; performs related duties as required.
$70,037.20 – $73,539.06 Annually
8/16/2021 5:00 PM Pacific
- Patrols assigned areas by car, bike, motorcycle or on foot.
- Answers calls for assistance, including investigation of crimes, deaths; accidents and injuries; conducts initial and follow-up investigations.
- Enforces, controls and directs traffic when appropriate.
- Stops drivers who are operating vehicles in violation of the law and enforces traffic violations; Warns drivers against illegal practices.
- Performs arrests for all criminal violations of law.
- Testifies in court in connection with the prosecution of offenders.
- Serves warrants and subpoenas.
- Administers first aid in emergency cases.
- Answers complaints on such problems as domestic disturbances, obnoxious animals, health code and local ordinance violations.
- Investigates suspicious circumstances.
- Takes custody of stolen, lost or found property and evidence.
- Performs crowd control, parade or riot work.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Written test is required.
License or Certificate:
Possession of a valid Class C California driver's license at time of appointment.