Police Officer Trainee
The Town of Breckenridge Police Department is seeking a Police Officer Trainee to attend an accredited Police Academy and successfully obtain a Colorado P.O.S.T. certification. At the Academy, Police Officer Trainees acquire necessary information, knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA’s) that enable them to perform law enforcement duties. In general, the KSA’s taught at the Academy involve a variety of routine public safety work; including how to perform and administer duties involved in police patrol, investigation, traffic enforcement and control, citizen assistance, and related law enforcement activities. Trainees carry out routine and special assignments using a community oriented policing approach which emphasizes and balances partnerships, problem solving and law enforcement.
Upon successful completion of the academy and attainment of P.O.S.T. certification, the trainee will be eligible for placement in the Police Officer I position, at the discretion of the Town. Pursuant to the Academy Agreement executed by the employee and the Town, the individual may be required to reimburse the Town for for all academy expenses and sponsorship, if terms outlined in the agreement are not met.
$45,300.06 – $65,699.92 Annually
10/25/2019 11:59 PM Mountain
• 21 years of age; eligible to work in the United States
• High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 30 hours of higher education at an accredited college or university.
• The ability to successfully complete a background check including but not limited to: Criminal history search, polygraph, psychological and physical examination required.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
• Must have the ability to possess and maintain a Colorado Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record.
• A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
• Outstanding customer service and interpersonal communications skills, as well as excellent written and presentation skills.
• Ability to multi-task and interact in a dynamic environment using independent judgment and personal initiative.
• Ability to work independently, yet function as an essential part of a team.
• Ability to consistently demonstrate reliability and personal and professional honesty and integrity.