Police Officer Testing
$54,075.84 – $80,939.04 Annually
The Punta Gorda Police Department will be testing candidates for the position of Police Officer. Upon successful completion of the testing process candidates will be eligible for consideration for police officer positions. The starting salary for this position is $54,075.84.
Example Of Duties
- Observe, detect, and apprehend violators of traffic and other laws;
- Observe and take appropriate action regarding any hazards to the community and any illegal criminal activities;
- Respond to emergency calls for service and assist the Fire Department and EMS as necessary;
- Conduct investigations as needed;
- Determine appropriate action to be taken at each incident;
- May be required to complete a written report of various activities during a shift.
- Complete all appropriate forms when required for an incident, including reports to other local or state law enforcement agencies, departmental forms, logs, and summaries;
- Complete the processing of evidence, as needed;
- Review necessary reports and documentation of incidents.
- Provide testimony concerning an incident, as may be required by the court; and safely operate a police motor vehicle in an emergency-mode.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Associate degree in police science, sociology or related field preferred.
- Must meet the minimum requirements as established by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
- Previous experience dealing with the general public preferred.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Must possess a current Florida Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) Certificate, or be able to acquire it within six months of being hired by the Department.