Police Officer Testing
Under supervision of a Field Training Officer, Senior Police Officer or Police Supervisor the Probationary Police Officer enforces law, maintains order, and protects life and property.
The work involves learning Departmental Policy and Procedure, State and Local Laws, Court Rules and Procedures, Basic Investigation and Reporting, Law Enforcement Methods and Theory.
4:00 P.M., March 11, 2022.
Handles (under direction) police incidents, emergency situations, reports, traffic accidents, traffic enforcement duties and other related activities.
Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Must articulate ideas and concepts to a variety of individuals of various educational levels and backgrounds.
Must act under pressure of emergency or personal danger situations.
Must control personal prejudice, feelings, and temper in adverse situations.
Must learn new methods and procedures.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Graduation from High School.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university. Prior Police work without a bachelor's degree will not be considered.
- Must be age 21+ upon hire.
- Must pass physical, written, oral exams plus a comprehensive background investigation.
- If hired, must reside within 25 air miles of the Public Safety Center facility at 555 Washington Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15228.