Police Officer Test
$68,880.00 – $92,280.00 Annually
Police Mission Statement
The Irving Police Department is committed to the philosophy of community-based policing and providing the best possible service to the residence of Irving. We embrace the vision that Irving will be the model for safe and beautiful neighborhoods; a vibrant economy; and exceptional recreational, cultural and educational opportunities. With compassion, integrity and innovation, we strive to institute trust and promote a high quality of life for residents, visitors and businesses.
- U.S. citizen.
- At least 21, and no older than 44 years of age at time of hire.
- Vision correctable to 20/20.
- Good hearing in both ears.
- Must have an Associate’s degree or equivalent (60 hrs) with a 2.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale; although exceptions apply with qualifying military or peace officer experience. Specifically,
- if you have completed three or more years of active military service within the previous 18 months, you must have a high school diploma or GED
- if you completed three or more years of active military service and your separation was over 18 months ago, but less than 36 months prior to application, you must have 30 or more college hours with a 2.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale
- if you are employed as a full-time peace officer and have been for three or more years immediately preceding application, you must have a high school diploma or GED
- If you’ve served in the military, must have been discharged under conditions not less than honorable.
- You need to have a good driving record. Must have no more than two hazardous violations or accidents in the last 18 eighteen months and no more than four in a 36 month period.
- Must not have any felony conviction or any other criminal conviction above the grade of a Class B misdemeanor, or any Class B misdemeanor within the past 10 years; other convictions may also be considered.