Police Officer (TCOLE Certified or Nearing graduation from Police Academy)
Full Salary Range is $54,196 – $79,843, DOE/DOQ
Provide essential services to foster a safe community through crime reduction and deterrence including enforcement of laws, protection of life and property, preservation of peace, apprehension of criminals and investigation of traffic accidents. Routine course of action to be followed is generally clear-cut and specific in accordance with established Police Department policies; however, ability to make independent decisions and act quickly in emergencies is required. Requires contact with public in situations that require the use of tact, diplomacy and good judgment. Maintain a good attitude.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Duty will be assigned according to needs of the Department upon successful completion of Field Training Program.
- Patrol a designated area by car, motorcycle or on foot to deter crime, detect violations of the law, and respond to radio dispatched calls.
- Enforce moving traffic and related ordinances, apprehend violators, issue citations and make arrests.
- Make preliminary investigations to assist in solving crimes against persons and property; gather information, follow up on leads, uncover evidence and gather information and interrogate witnesses; may maintain surveillance of suspects and perform other basic duties to assist Investigators.
- Make investigations of traffic accidents; assume charge at traffic sites, secure emergency medical aid for injured persons, may administer first aid, direct traffic, and see that site is cleared and safe for traffic.
- Prepare and submit written reports of patrol activities, investigative activities and traffic investigations.
- Prior law enforcement experience preferred.
- Meet all Texas Commission of Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements, including personal continuing education requirements.
- Maintain firearms qualification and use.