Police Officer Senior – Lateral Entry
Department: Police Services
$40,328 – $49,065
3% Pay Incentive for an Associate’s degree ($41,538 – $50,537)
6% Pay Incentive for a Bachelor’s degree ($42,748 – $52,009)
$2,000 Hiring Incentive within first year of employment
The Gwinnett County Police Department is a nationally accredited and rapidly growing police agency located in the Northeastern quadrant of the Atlanta Metropolitan area. The Department currently has 752 sworn positions supported by 314 civilian employees with the responsibility of providing law enforcement support to a service population of 763,404 residents within an area of 437 square miles.
Lateral, Georgia P.O.S.T. Certified Police Officer Senior Applicants Only. This job is a safety sensitive position that will require a pre-employment drug test and subsequent, random drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Gwinnett County Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace. Qualified candidates will be scheduled for a Physical Fitness Assessment and Preliminary Orientation; If qualified, candidates will receive a call or e-mail with the scheduled times and details outlining the event.
For information related to the position specific Essential Duties, Knowledge and Skills, and Physical requirement, click here.
NOTE: The class specifications listed on this site are not the official class specifications for Gwinnett County and are subject to change.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Two consecutive years of certified law enforcement field experience handling 911 calls-for-service; does not include training and field training nor military police experience.
- Must be currently Georgia P.O.S.T. Certified Peace Officer.
- Valid Georgia Driver's License.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and a United States citizen.
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background investigation including criminal, driving, credit, employment, controlled substance, and military history check, if applicable.