Police Officer Recruits
Hourly Rate: $20.94 (Annual Salary: $43,555.20)*
Application Deadline/Closing Date: November 1st 2023 at 5:00 PM
The position of Police Officer Recruit is a recruiting and training-level job used for persons hired to learn the duties of a Police Officer with The City of Statesville Police Department. Individuals classified as a police recruit would meet all of the essential job functions and qualifications of the police officer role with the exception of Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) certification. Incumbents in this job class undergo a formal, comprehensive program in BLET. Upon successful completion of the BLET certification course, individuals would then be promoted to a role as a sworn police officer for the City of Statesville. Starting salary for sworn police officers is $21.99 per hour / $48,026.16 annually. Failure to graduate from BLET within the prescribed training period could be cause for termination (and may require repayment of BLET costs).
Every law enforcement officer employed by an agency in North Carolina shall:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 20 years of age
- Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Educational Development Test indicating high school equivalency
- Be of good moral character
- Have successfully completed Base Law Enforcement Training (BLET) and passed the BLET state exam.
- Satisfactorily complete the employing agency’s in-service firearms training program