Police Officer (Recruit/Entry-Level)
The City of Monrovia is engaged in an exciting process of renewal to enhance its position as one of the premier municipalities in the nation. We are looking for a unique individual to join our team as a Police Officer (Recruit/Entry-Level) in the Police Department. The ideal candidate is anything but ordinary – in fact, we are looking for the extraordinary! Ask yourself this…
• Does the idea of changing the world that is Monrovia for the better intrigue you?
• Do you have a passion for excellence, a commitment to best practices, and a desire to join a fast-paced and dynamic full-service organization?
• Are you a highly energetic, motivated, creative, outside-the-box thinker who gets excited at the thought of continual improvement?
• Do you want to be a part of a flexible, innovative, and results-oriented organization?
• Are you someone who strives for excellence and desires to be part of a team looking to create an enduringly great municipal organization?
• Are you willing to put the greatness of the Monrovia organization ahead of your own personal ambitions?
• Are you someone who believes in treating people the right way and doing things the right way and doing the right thing right all the time?
• If you answered YES to the questions above, then you will want to consider this outstanding professional opportunity to work for the City of Monrovia!
$62,969.80 – $84,385.56 Annually
11/17/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
• Patrolling, either in a vehicle, bicycle or on foot, an assigned area during an assigned shift and looks for indicators of possible criminal activity or threats to life and property
• Conducting investigations of disturbances, prowlers, burglaries, thefts, vehicle accidents, and other criminal incidents
• Interviewing victims, complaints, witnesses, and interrogates suspects
• Establish and maintain good relationships with the community to promote crime prevention and enhance public understanding
High school graduation, age 21 or older, height and weight proportionate, vision correctable to 20/20; free from hearing impairments and some experience in customer service, preferably in a public safety environment
AA/AS degree in criminal justice, public administration or related field and some experience in customer service, preferably in a public safety environment
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
Valid Class C California Driver's License and a satisfactory driving record. Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) basic certificate must be obtained during the probationary period as a Police Officer.