Police Officer Recruit – Academy Sponsored
$5,860.40 – $7,618.00 Monthly
8/31/2022 5:00 PM Mountain
About the Position:
Are you searching for something more than a job? Are you ready to serve your community through a challenging and rewarding career in policing with an agency that offers personal and professional development? If so, we invite you to read on.
The City of Grand Junction sponsors the Police Officer Recruit while he or she completes the Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Certified Basic Academy program through Western Colorado Community College in Grand Junction, CO. After successful completion of the POST Academy, Certified Police Officers are moved to an entry pay rate of $33.81 hourly while completing a 16 week Field Training Officer (FTO) Program with the Grand Junction Police Department. Upon successful completion of the FTO Program, recruits are released to solo patrol as a Sworn Police Officer.
What We’re Looking For:
- Good physical condition
- Minimum of 21 years of age, as of date of hire
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, valid Colorado driver license
- Good moral character (past criminal activity may be disqualifying – see notice below)
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays