Police Officer Recruit
Patrol activities within the city.
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 12/31/21 11:59 PM Arizona Time
Salary: $23.09 Hourly
• Monitoring traffic for possible civil or criminal violations;
• Prevention and discovery of the commission of crimes;
• Apprehension of criminals and offenders;
• Making presence known throughout the community in a manner that contributes to the deterrence and solving of crime;
• Answering calls and complaints involving fire, vehicle accidents, robberies, domestic violence situations, neighborhood disturbances, and other misdemeanors, felonies, and service calls;
• Administering first aid and CPR;
• Securing crime scenes and conducting preliminary and full-scale investigations, except on major crimes;
• Gathering evidence, obtaining witnesses, and issuing citations or making arrests, if appropriate;
• Interviewing witnesses, gathering information, preparing detailed reports, and preparing case files for court prosecution;
• Participating fully in annual and other regular training programs in police methods and procedures;
• Testifying in court proceedings;
• Performing specialized duties on an assigned basis, such as serving as a G.R.E.A.T. Officer, a member of a vice and/or narcotics investigations unit, Field Training Officer, Motor Unit Officer, Bike Unit Officer, Community Resource Officer, Community Response Team member, Tactical Unit member, firearms instructor, defensive tactics instructor, emergency driving instructor, physical fitness instructor, and other positions TBD
• Participating in community service activities as a spokesperson for the department.
1. Police officer candidates must be a minimum of 21 years old at the time of graduation from the police academy.
2. Any candidate must be a United States citizen.
3. Candidates must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalency certification.
4. Candidates must possess a valid Arizona driver's license at time of employment.