Police Officer Recruit
Under close supervision, train to perform the tasks required of a Police Officer. Must attend Police Academy for training in community relations, patrol methods, traffic control, courtroom procedures, and other law enforcement topics through classroom training and field observation. Responsible for learning local laws and ordinances and Department policies and procedures regarding police work. After successful completion of the Police Academy and completion of six-month training period as a Germantown Police Recruit, employees are promoted to a Police Officer Probationary status.
Police Officer Recruit – ENTRY LEVEL – $17.9278 per hour/ $39,620.44 Annually
Police Officer 1 – Commissioned Officer – $22.4875 per hour/ $49,697.38 Annually
1. Patrol a designated area of the City by radio equipped car or on foot to discover, prevent and deter the commission of crimes, enforce criminal law, direct traffic, and to enforce motor vehicle operation and parking regulations.
2. Respond to calls involving automobile crashes, fire, domestic and neighborhood disturbances, assaults, robberies, and other misdemeanors and felonies.
3. Secure the scene of the crime, administer first aid, conduct preliminary investigations, gather evidence, obtain witness statements, make arrests, and prepare detailed reports.
4. Enter and retrieve data and information using a Mobile Data Terminal (MDT).
5. Interview persons with complaints and make proper disposition or direct them to the proper authorities.
6. Must be punctual and timely in meeting all job performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance and tardiness standards and work deadlines.
7. Perform related tasks as required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be a high school graduate or an acceptable equivalent and meet at least one of the following conditions:
1. Completed at least two years of college (48 semester hours or 72 quarter hours) with a grade point average of at least 2.0 on a 4-point scale.
2. A minimum of two consecutive years of experience as a full time, commissioned law enforcement officer with a record of exemplary service.
3. A minimum of four years of service in the United States Armed Forces with a record of exemplary service.
- Must not have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state law or city ordinances relating to force violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor or controlled substance.
- Must never have been discharged from any branch of the Armed Forces under other than honorable conditions.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must possess a valid Driver License.