Police Officer Recruit
The City of Chandler Police Department is currently accepting applications to fill current and future POLICE OFFICER RECRUIT vacancies.
$26.17 – $37.90 Hourly
8/9/2020 11:59 PM Arizona
Selected applicants will participate in informal, formal, and police academy training, as determined by the Police Chief. Work schedules will consist of forty hours per week, with varying shifts. Performs municipal police functions enforcing laws and ordinances to protect life and property. This position is subject to a one-year probation. Must have the ability to acquire and apply knowledge of police methods, practices, and procedures, and the City's geography and location of important buildings. Ability to deal courteously, but firmly, with the general public and with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds; to analyze situations and adopt quick, effective and reasonable courses of action with due regard to surrounding hazards and circumstances; to prepare clear and comprehensive reports, and effectively communicate orally and in writing; to perform all physical requirements of the position, and maintain departmental physical standards; and to maintain composure to operate efficiently under high stress situations.
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalency; and
• Must be 21 years of age by the time of academy graduation;
• Must be able to meet the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board
• Be a citizen of the United States at the time of application submittal; and
• Possess a valid Driver's License with acceptable driving record.