Police Officer Recruit
Salary $27.00 Hourly
A Police Officer Recruit serves as a paid at-will employee while attending training at a basic POST-certified recruit academy and may be sworn in as a full-duty Police Officer upon successful graduation and completion of City Police employment requirements.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, all candidates must take the FrontLine National exam through National Testing Network at www.NationalTestingNetwork.com.
NTN scores must have been issued within the last 6 months from the date when you submitted your application with the City.
ACTIVE ACADEMY STUDENTS: If you are currently enrolled in a Police Academy, you do not need to take the exam through NTN. Please indicate this is our Supplemental Question regarding active enrollment.
- High School graduation or equivalent
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible for, and has applied for citizenship, prior to appointment
- Minimum age 21 years at time of appointment as Police Officer
Valid Class C California driver’s license
- Good physical fitness and mental health as required by POST standards
- Must be able to work a variety of hourly shifts including holidays and weekends