Police Officer (Recruit)
Interested in making a difference in the community? The Vallejo Police Department is seeking highly motivated individuals who can demonstrate sound judgment, have superior decision-making skills, and who are eager to participate in a high level of community collaboration, strategic partnerships, and progressive problem solving.
This recruitment is a continuous recruitment and will be closed when a viable candidate pool has been identified.
Employees in this trainee-level, non-safety assignment, will be completing a POST certified Basic Police Academy (POST Academy), or those who are currently enrolled in an academy, and as such are considered temporary, at-will employees serving at the pleasure of the hiring authority. Assignment to this classification is limited to a maximum of one year. A Police Officer (Recruit) who fails to successfully complete the academy will be terminated.
Minimum Experience and Training Guidelines
A High School diploma, GED, or equivalent in addition to the completion of 39 semester / 58.5 quarter units from an accredited college or university.
Substitution: The 39 semester unit / 58.5 quarter unit requirement may be substituted with at least 3 years of active duty service in any branch of the U.S. military and an honorable discharge.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license
- Be 20 years old at the time of appointment, and at least 21 years of age upon POST Academy graduation
- Vision correctable to 20/20 in both eyes with normal color vision
- Must be eligible for U.S. citizenship upon academy graduation
- No felony convictions
- No misdemeanor convictions which mandate weapons prohibitions