Police Officer (Recruit)
$37,148.80 – $50,668.80 Annually
Under direct supervision of the shift supervisor, performs limited duty police work in the enforcement of federal, state and local laws and ordinances to protect individual rights, protect life and property, prevent and suppress crime, and identify and apprehend criminal offenders; performs community service activities; performs related work as required.
- Patrols city on foot or in radio equipped vehicle to enforce federal, state and local laws, administrative regulations and ordinances, and to prevent and/or discover the commission of crime.
- Responds to calls received during shift; investigates suspicious conditions and complaints; makes arrests of persons found to be in violation of law.
- Processes and transports prisoners.
- Works accidents and prepares reports; may perform follow-up investigative duties.
- Testifies as a witness in court.
- Serves summons and subpoenas.
- Provides assistance to citizens and the public as needed.
- Investigates reports of stolen property; recovers and returns lost or stolen property.
- Conducts follow-up investigations of homicides and thefts.
Graduation from high school or equivalent (GED); no work experience requirements for entry-level Patrol Officer. (See Certification Requirements for additional requirements)
YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYEMENT