Police Officer Recruit
Salary/Pay Rate: $24.08 per hour
• Patrols the Town by radio equipped car, motorcycle, bicycle or on foot, to prevent, discover and deter the commission of crime, to enforce criminal law, to direct traffic, and to enforce motor vehicle operation and parking regulations;
• Responds to calls and complaints involving fires, automobile accidents, domestic and neighborhood disturbances, assaults, robberies and other misdemeanors and felonies;
• Writes detailed reports on police related activities;
• Interviews persons with complaints and makes proper disposition or directs them to the proper authorities;
• Secures crime scenes, administers first aid, arbitrates disputes, conducts preliminary and follow-up investigations,
gathers evidence, obtains witness statements, apprehends suspects, makes arrests, and transports offenders;
• Gives advice and general information to the public;
• Testifies as a witness in court in connection with arrests and investigations;
• Attends periodic training classes in police methods, first aid, firearms and related subjects;
• Keeps informed and aware of persons and places suspected of illegal activity and/or potential for problems within an assigned area;
• Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation as stated in department policy, and must never have been convicted of a felony.
• Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
Education and Experience:
• Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
Certifications & Licenses:
• Must possess, or be able to obtain by the time of hire, a valid Arizona Driver’s License without record of suspension or revocation in any state.