Police Officer / Police Officer Trainee
Tulane University Police Department is currently recruiting for both Louisiana POST Level 1 (law enforcement officer) and non-POST certified candidates for Police Officer (full time and part time) and Police Officer Trainee positions. Candidates with current POST Level 1 certification will be considered for Police Officer positions, and non-POST candidates will be considered for Police Officer Trainee positions. Police Officer Trainees will be sent to a police academy to earn POST Level 1 certification.
The Police Officer for Tulane University’s Police Department performs law enforcement, crime prevention duties and other general police/security services; enforces state and local laws as well as Tulane University policies and procedures. Conducts proactive patrol by means of foot, bicycle, or motorized vehicle.
The Police Officer Trainee performs basic security functions including, but not limited to: patrol and providing public safety service to members of the community. Trainee hires will be sent by TUPD to a police academy to earn Louisiana POST Level 1 certification.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Police Officer: P.O.S.T. certification upon hire. Certification must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
- Police Officer Trainee: must complete all training requirements to include graduating from an accredited police academy and obtaining P.O.S.T. certification within 365 days of hire. Certification must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
- Must obtain Red Cross First Aid and CPR certification within 365 days from date of hire, and must maintain certification as a condition of continued employment.
- Must have a valid and unrestricted (not including corrective lens needs) U.S. Drivers License and must meet the Tulane University Motor Vehicle Policy criteria to become an authorized driver.