Police Officer – October 2022
$59,675.00 – $71,718.00 Annually
10/5/2022 11:59 PM Central
Incumbents typically perform police duties including search and seizure, are an integral part in how the community views the department, and are key in developing rapport, trust and open lines of communication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive.
Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists the shift supervisors in the discharge of his/her duties.
- Investigates calls for service and initiates police actions based on observations and training.
- Responsible for complying with directives, rules and regulations of the department.
- Follow assignments as given by supervisors and dispatchers.
- Maintains the public peace and enforces all applicable laws and ordinances.
- May receive citizen complaints.
- Participates in on-going training including in-service sessions.
- Promotes good public relations.
- Recommends improvements to increase the quality of law enforcement.
- Maintains liaisons with other shifts, organizations and agencies both within and outside of the criminal justice system.
Minimum Training and Experience
- Associates degree in criminal justice, public administration or related field (60 collage credits minimum); bachelor’s degree preferred. Graduate of on-going police training courses.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.