Police Officer – Non BLET Certified
The purpose of this position is to protect the life and property of the citizens of Chapel Hill.
THIS POSTING IS FOR APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT COMPLETED A NC BLET ACADEMY AND CONSIDERED AS A NC SWORN LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER CURRENTLY. THIS INCLUDES APPLICANTS WHO ARE SWORN LEO’S IN OTHER STATES OR IN FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT.
To be eligible for NC BLET, YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS of AGE.
Salary: $17.81 – $28.91 Hourly
$1,424.92 – $2,312.42 Biweekly
$37,048.00 – $60,123.00 Annually
May perform a variety of law enforcement duties such as responding to calls for service, enforcing traffic and criminal laws; and conducting high visibility patrols
May perform investigations; conduct interviews; process crime scenes; and collect evidence
May perform community policing activities.
May perform specialized assignments such as quartermaster, career progression, community services, forensics and evidence, special events coordination and school resources.
Performs other duties as required
The work requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, or stooping. The employee uses equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity and medium strength.
The work is typically performed in vehicle or in the field.
An equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
• State and federal laws
• Town Ordinances and Town and Departmental policies and procedures
• Best practices in policing and customer service.
• Solve problems and make sound decisions; performing mathematical calculations
• Maintain accurate financial records and preparing reports
• Utilize a personal computer and various word processing and database software applications
• Utilize such office equipment as a typewriter, calculator, copier, and facsimile machine
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and supervisors
• Maintain required certification
• Communicate effective orally and in writing
• Model behavior that is consistent with our values of RESPECT
A high school diploma or its equivalent
No experience required for Police Officer I.
Maintain NC BLET certification
Possession of or the ability to obtain a valid driver's license North Carolina issued by the state of NC and the availability of private transportation or the ability to provide transportation between job sites.