Police Officer – Lateral & Recruit
The Clarkdale Police Department is hiring new and seasoned officers who are hardworking team players looking for an exciting career in law enforcement to join our close-knit team.
Your ideas are welcomed here as we nurture your interests and specialties allowing you to flourish. As a patrol officer at Clarkdale Police Department you’ll do it all, from running traffic to taking calls for service to investigating crimes. Special assignment opportunities include GITTEM gang task force, SWAT, Field Training Officer, and Drug Recognition Expert, among others. We have a take-home car policy and visible tattoo policy too!
Recruits start at $20.00 until certification is obtained. The hiring range for a lateral hire is $25.72 – $28.50 per hour. DOQ.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Participates in the implementation of goals, objectives, priorities, policies and procedures of the Town of Clarkdale and the Clarkdale Police Department.
- Conducts or assists in the investigation and filing cases of criminal law violations, traffic accidents and other crimes by obtaining evidence and compiling information regarding these crimes, arresting persons related to crimes, preparing cases for filing of charges, protecting and preserving crime scenes, collecting physical evidence, photographing and/or sketching crime scenes and accidents, testifying in court, and other related activities.
- Apprehends suspects, makes arrests, issues citations, identifies witnesses, conducts preliminary investigations, and re-establishes law and order at scenes.
- Interviews and/or counsels parties involved in incidents, prepares documentation and reports of activities performed and information gathered, conducts follow-up on cases.
- Offers information and direction to the public, discusses issues with citizens to follow up and ensure any concerns are properly addressed.
- May transport prisoners to/from jail and/or court.
- May serve as School Resource Officer, training instructor, field training officer, special response team member, crisis negotiator and/or other specialty roles as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance. Preferred applicants will have successfully completed a peace officer law enforcement academy as certified by the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZPOST). A preferred example combination includes AZPOST certification as a peace officer in Arizona and high school/GED graduate with related post-high school education. A successful candidate will be subject to a one (1) year probationary period upon employment.