Police Officer (Lateral or Entry)
The City of Eagle Point is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Police Officer (Lateral or Entry Level). This is for a newly funded permanent position. The position may be filled at a higher position depending on qualifications of applications received.
The position of Police Officer performs tasks such as:
- Answers calls for the protection of life and property
- Enforces City, County, and State laws
- Pursues, apprehends, and makes arrests as necessary
- Prepares well-written reports
- issues traffic violations
- Directs traffic in emergencies or during events
- Restores order and maintains peace
The Eagle Point Police Department serves a community who supports the men and women of law enforcement. Our department has developed a strong relationship with our residents by being invested in the community we serve. The department also has the respect of the City Council.
Eagle Point is a City of just under 10,000 people. While we are close to Medford we are also close to rural areas that provide access to fishing, hunting, hiking, biking, boating, and many other recreational activities. We are near the ocean, the high desert and the mountains.
This position works rotating shifts including, days, nights, weekends and holidays.
To apply you will need to go to the City’s website.
- City of Eagle Point Employment Application
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Pre-Employment Investigation Personal Profile.
The salary range for this position is $5,097 – $6,391 per month plus education and/or certification incentives, if eligible. The City picks up the employee portion of PERS.
The education/certification incentive is as follows:
- 3% for Associates or Intermediate Certification
- 6% for Bachelor’s or Advanced Certification.