Police Officer – Lateral or Certified by Hire
$69,659.20 – $94,952.00 Annually
The Golden Police Department is seeking qualified officers dedicated to excellent service to our community. If you are committed to technical excellence, high quality service delivery, leadership development and looking for a fun place to work; this may be the opportunity for you.
To perform law enforcement, investigations and crime prevention work by enforcing state and local laws and regulations; to perform a variety of technical and administrative tasks in support of the department. Shift work, on-call assignment, possible voluntary and/or mandatory overtime, holidays and weekend work required.
- Patrol a designated area of the city in a radio-equipped car, bicycle, motorcycle or on foot as assigned to preserve law and order; discover and prevent the commission of crimes; enforce traffic and other laws and ordinances.
- Engage in problem solving activities.
- Answer calls and complaints involving traffic collisions, robberies, assaults, fires, and related misdemeanors and felonies; respond to alarms; investigate complaints; apprehend suspects; search, inspect, transport and take custody of prisoners.
- Respond to general public service calls including robbery and theft complaints, domestic/civil disturbances, civil complaints, property control and related incidents; may participate in surveillance of area.
- Secure crime scenes; administer first aid; conduct preliminary and/or follow-up investigations by questioning witnesses and gathering evidence; make arrests of criminal suspects; prepare detailed reports.
- Maintain surveillance over suspected criminals; identify areas of potential crimes or unsafe conditions; report conditions and take corrective action.
- Appear in court to present evidence; testify on behalf of the City of Golden or the state; serve warrants and subpoenas.
- Prepare a variety of reports summarizing and describing crime scenes, interrogations, investigations activities and findings.
- Conduct investigations of serious injury and fatality traffic accidents; conduct traffic accident analyses and general traffic surveys.
- Enforce traffic laws and ordinances; issue warnings and citations.
High school diploma or G.E.D. and 60 semester or 90 quarter hours from an accredited college or university. Must be 21 years of age by date of hire. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to deal with diverse population in a variety of situations. Strong oral and written communication skills. Colorado POST certification from an academy required by date of hire.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Peace Officer Certification (POST) required by date of hire.
Possession of or ability to obtain First Aid and CPR certification.
Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Ability to obtain Colorado Crime Information Center certification.