Police Officer Lateral Hiring Opportunity
Modified Hiring Requirements:
- At the time of application, each applicant must have a peace officer’s license from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- If an applicant does not have a license from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE), they must be able to obtain a peace officer’s license from TCOLE within one month of graduation from an accredited academy.
- Lateral Entry scale available up to the Police Officer II Level (2-3 years experience), contingent upon experience and at the discretion of the Police Chief
- Must have reached a minimum age of 21 years.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, (born or naturalized).
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Must have a stable employment and credit history.
- Must pass all phases of the application process with the exception of the written civil service test.