Police Officer- Lateral, Exceptional Entry, or Entry Level
- Lateral: $39.16 – $43.84.
- Exceptional Entry: $34.60 – $38.03.
- Entry Level: $34.60.
- Patrols community to provide services to the public, enforce laws, including traffic laws, prevent crimes, protect life and property; investigates suspicious conditions or situations.
- Receives citizen complaints, prepares accurate and complete reports on violations of City, State, and applicable Federal laws and accidents; makes arrest, issues citations; interviews complainants, witnesses, suspects, victims’ preserves crime scenes; collects and preserves evidence.
- Prepares activity reports and logs; operates communication equipment such as telephones, teletypes and radios to receive and transmit information and dispatch personnel as needed.
- Serves warrants, subpoenas, juror summons, civil papers; assists in apprehension of wanted subjects; appears in court to present facts on cases including criminal, civil and juvenile cases; accompanies prisoners to court appearances as necessary.
- Will be required to attend classes and various training sessions in police procedures and new practices and methods.
- Assist disabled motorist; provide escorts, provides direction to public; may be required to assist injured or disabled people with first aid administration.
- Assists as assigned with public and school liaison programs such as crime prevention, drug abuse, bicycle safety, safety.
- Assists other law enforcement agencies in investigative, information or tactical capacity.
- Graduation from high school or GED.
- 21 years of age at time of appointment.
- Free of felony convictions.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license or verification of license by the start of employment.
- Successful completion of an approved law enforcement academy.