Police Officer (Lateral Entry Only)
9/30/2022 5:00 PM Central
$10,000 New Hire Bonus
- $5,000 paid upon hire
- $2,500 paid upon successful completion of Field Training Program
- $2,500 paid upon completion of a successful (passing evaluation) probationary period
With limited supervision this position operates in an assigned area(s) of the City of Grapevine and through the application of sound judgment developed through training, education, and experience, performs crime prevention and detection activities to enforce federal, state and local laws, preserve the peace and protect property and lives. Typical duties include:
- Patrols an assigned area to prevent and detect criminal activities, normally operating a city vehicle.
- Responds to emergency calls to protect lives and property, often involving criminal activities. Apprehends suspected criminals as situation dictates.
- Initiates applicable investigation techniques to develop and prosecute criminals under each offense.
- Prepares reports to document investigative actions, interviews, interrogations, subpoena procurement; written statements; affidavits for evidentiary warrants and arrest warrants; evidence collection; identification, location and apprehension of perpetrator and property recovery. Submits these documents for supervisory review.
- Prepares and presents cases to relevant courts, legal processes, and testifies when required.
- Investigates non-criminal actions such as missing persons, internal affairs, found property, and other relevant requests for service.
- Enforces traffic laws through patrol and issuance of citations.
- Participates in Police Department crime prevention and education programs and activities.
- Conducts specialized undercover investigations as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- At a minimum, have received a high school diploma or GED,
- Hold a current TCOLE Peace Officer’s license,
- Be at least 21 years of age or older
- Have a TCOLE honorable discharge from any previous agency(s), if applicable.
- Have or be eligible to obtain a valid Texas driver’s license by hire date.
- Employees who are designated to drive a commercial motor vehicle in a non-emergency situation must have and maintain a CDL driver’s license.
- Pass a full background investigation, polygraph exam, and psychological exam.
- Pass a pre-employment basic physical, drug screen, functional assessment screening (Level 1), Titmus vision screening, Ishihara vision screening, and smell test.