Police Officer – Lateral and Recruit
The Clarkdale Police Department is hiring new and seasoned officers who are hardworking team players looking for an exciting career in law enforcement to join our close-knit team.
Recruits start at $20.00 until certification is obtained. The hiring range for a lateral hire is $25.72 – $29.00 per hour. DOQ. Full long term range of the position $25.72 minimum, $29.73 mid, $36.59 max.
DEFINITION: Under direction of the Police Sergeants, this position performs a variety of sworn law enforcement activities for the Town of Clarkdale. Essential to this role is patrolling the Town of Clarkdale in the prevention of crime and the enforcement of law and order, conducting preliminary investigations, and carrying out special assignments in the field of policing. This position also understands public trust and models the highest standards of personal and professional integrity expected of those working in public service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
Essential functions and duties may be modified at any time at management’s discretion. Typical duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participates in the implementation of goals, objectives, priorities, policies and procedures of the Town of Clarkdale and the Clarkdale Police Department.
- Conducts or assists in the investigation and filing cases of criminal law violations, traffic accidents and other crimes by obtaining evidence and compiling information regarding these crimes, arresting persons related to crimes, preparing cases for filing of charges, protecting and preserving crime scenes, collecting physical evidence, photographing and/or sketching crime scenes and accidents, testifying in court, and other related activities.
- Apprehends suspects, makes arrests, issues citations, identifies witnesses, conducts preliminary investigations, and re-establishes law and order at scenes.
- Interviews and/or counsels parties involved in incidents, prepares documentation and reports of activities performed and information gathered, conducts follow-up on cases.
- Offers information and direction to the public, discusses issues with citizens to follow up and ensure any concerns are properly addressed.
- May transport prisoners to/from jail and/or court.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance. Preferred applicants will have successfully completed a peace officer law enforcement academy as certified by the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZPOST). A preferred example combination includes AZPOST certification as a peace officer in Arizona and high school/GED graduate with related post-high school education. A successful candidate will be subject to a one (1) year probationary period upon employment.
Special Requirements, Licenses, and Certificates:
- Must be able to respond to the Town limits within ten (10) minutes;
- Must possess a valid drivers’ license (with the ability to transfer an out-of-state license to Arizona immediately) and maintain an excellent driving record;
- Must successfully pass an oral board, polygraph, drug screening and full background check as well as AZPOST driving and physical agility tests and medical examination;
- Must possess and maintain Level B Terminal Operator Certification by the Department of Public Safety or be able to obtain certification within 90 days of hire;
- Must complete online training and testing with National Incident Management System (NIMS) through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) within six (6) months of hire and maintain current/ongoing certification;