Police Officer (Lateral/Academy Graduate/Entry-Level)
Hourly Pay: Annual Pay $48,505.60 to S64,313.60
To review the announcement, job description, and additional job information, please visit the Village’s website at www.villageofdelta.org/job-opportunities/
Job Description Summary: Delta police officers regularly participate in traffic enforcement, community problem-solving activities, assisting citizens in improving the quality of life in the village, and various other law enforcement functions. We have a Focus-Based Policing philosophy that encourages officers to think creatively and use fresh ideas to solve problems, focusing on outcomes rather than outputs.
Nature and Scope: Delta police officers are Village of Delta employees and may be asked to assist with other assigned jobs throughout the village. Delta police officers are expected to cooperate with all other village departments and maintain a professional relationship with all local and state jurisdictions.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Operate department vehicles
- Maintain certification to operate equipment, including but not limited to alcohol testing devices, and speed detection devices.
- Operate department equipment as assigned by the
- Successfully pass all firearms
- Ability to use sound judgment and make good decisions when handling
- Maintain a level of physical fitness required for the
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance.
- High school diploma or GED
- A current and valid OPOTA Basic Peace Officer Certification or Ohio State Highway Patrol certification
- Successfully pass the selection process, which includes, a polygraph exam, background investigation, physical examination, drug testing, and psychological profile exams.
- Ability to complete basic law enforcement training as assigned by the
- A valid driver’s license.
- Minimum age of 21 by appointment, and be a U. S. Citizen or authorized to work in the United States.
To apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to the Delta Police Department, Fernwood Ave., Delta, OH 43515 or Fax 419 822-0305 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org