Police Officer I (3 positions)
Department: Public Safety
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Category: Bi-Weekly Staff
Performs general patrol and operational police duties, such as making arrests, enforcing criminal codes and statutes, and may assist in investigations or as a member on a special teams or task forces. Carries a firearm.
- Enforce all federal, state, and city laws and ordinances and university specific policies.
- Counsel students and employees on crime prevention.
- Handle auto accidents and aiding motorists.
- Check all university property, including buildings and parking areas.
- Monitor the University’s emergency phone system.
- Maintain radio contact with the department’s communications center.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of Police Academy.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance.