Police Officer (Georgia POST Certified Only)
Salary: $52,525.20 Annually.
Responsible for compliance with all departmental policies and procedures, as well as State and Federal laws and regulations, and for achieving the primary/fundamental goals and objectives of maintaining law and order, preventing crimes, protecting life and property, and assuring that all services are delivered in a safe, effective, professional, timely, and efficient manner. When serving in the Operations Bureau officers shall be assigned to the Uniform Patrol Division. When serving in the Support Services Bureau officers shall be assigned to the warrant unit.
- Arrests any suspects found in the commission of crimes; completes arrest reports and transports suspects to detention facilities; attempts to arbitrate disputes.
- Writes reports on various calls answered indicating the natures of calls and any findings at the scenes; attends public gatherings to maintain order.
- Prepares evidence for issuance of warrants; serves warrants if applicable, advises all suspects of their rights; assures the chain of custody of evidence is kept; testifies in court as necessary.
- Writes reports on results of investigations, completes incident and accident reports, or other official documents as necessary; files all reports to appropriate supervisor.
- Administers CPR and first aid when appropriate; answers any questions from the public.
- May be assigned to work in plain clothes conducting investigations.
- Assists and gives directions to motorists; removes debris from the roadways; provides direction during sports events as necessary; occasionally directs traffic at school crossings.
- Inspects assigned department vehicles used for road safety by checking tire pressure and depth, oil, fuel, and reporting any unusual occurrences to the maintenance personnel and their supervisor.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Basic Law Enforcement Certification required.
- Valid Georgia Class C Driver’s License and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).