Police Officer – Experienced (Lateral)
Salary: $88,879.51 – $115,882.91 Annually.
Performs the functions of law enforcement necessary to maintain community interaction, public peace, protect life and property, prevent crime, apprehend violators of the law and otherwise assure proper enforcement of the laws and ordinances of the City of Kirkland and the State of Washington. Contribute to the apprehension of criminal suspects by conducting preliminary and follow-up investigations. This would involve contacting and interviewing witnesses and victims of a crime; sketching, photographing a crime scene; dusting for latent fingerprints; and collecting other evidence and preserving the chain of evidence. The position prepares criminal investigation reports and testifies in court.
- Must be 21 years of age;
- US citizen or a lawful permanent resident;
- Must not have any felony convictions as an adult and have vision correctable to 20/20 in each eye;
- Must possess the ability to read, write and speak fluent English;
- Must have the physical capability to successfully meet the Criminal Justice Training Commission Fitness Ability Test Battery;
- Must have successfully completed an accredited Police Basic Training Academy curriculum;
- Have a minimum of 12 months full-time service in the last 36 months (prefer current) as a sworn municipal, county or state officer;
- Out of state laterals must complete the State Equivalency Academy;
- Must have a valid Washington State Drivers’ License.
- Prefer current service (minimum of 12 months full-time) as a sworn municipal, county or state officer.