Police Officer – Entry Level
Police Officer candidates will enjoy our professional and healthy work environment, dedicated resources for training and equipment, and career opportunities. Our Patrol Division offers a good balance of calls for service and case follow-up, which makes for a well-rounded officer.
$85,272.00 – $98,760.00 Annually
12/31/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
• Provide quality customer service to the community and internal department members as well as provides emergency aid, security and protection to the citizens of Redmond
• Patrol business and residential areas
• Respond to requests for information and assistance
• Investigate criminal activity
• Engage in long-term solution oriented activities which enhance the safety and wellbeing of residents
• Ensure the proper enforcement of laws and regulations.
• Provides formal and informal leadership on a daily basis and creates a positive work environment for organizational members.
Entry-level Police Officer requirements:
• Pass the written exam and physical ability test administered by Public Safety Testing (PST).
• Initial screening based on PST test results and Physical History Statement (PHS).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must have high school diploma or GED certificate and one of the following:
• Associate of Arts degree in law enforcement, criminal justice or a related field from an accredited college; or
• Completion of 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours from an accredited college or university; or
• Two (2) years of military experience
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• State certification from the Washington State Law Enforcement Training Commission or other accredited certifying agency, or obtain such certification within fifteen (15) months of appointment.
• Must meet required physical and medical standards and all civil service requirements.
• Possess a valid Washington State driver's license upon hire; out-of-state hires must have a valid driver's license and obtain a valid Washington State driver's license within Washington's required timelines.
• Be at least 21 years of age when the eligibility list is certified.
• United States citizenship or be a lawful permanent resident.
• Successfully pass Redmond Police Department Background Investigation.