Police Officer – Entry Level
After passing the written and physical agility tests, you become a Public Safety Trainee. As a trainee, you will attend a P.O.S.T.-certified Police Academy designed to provide an overview of the criminal justice system, training in various laws and procedures, law enforcement techniques, first aid, physical fitness and related duties. Upon successful completion of the Police Academy, trainees enter the Oxnard Police Department field training program and are assigned to the Patrol Division in a probationary status.
3/6/2020 5:00 PM Pacific
• High school graduate, pass the General Education Development (GED) Test indicating high school graduation level, pass the California High School Proficiency Examination, or have attained a two-year, four-year, or advanced degree from an accredited college or university. The high school shall be a United States public school, an accredited United States Department of Defense high school, or an accredited or approved public or non-public high school.
• Must be 21 years of age at the time of application.
• U.S. Citizenship or resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.
• Valid California driver license or ability to obtain one at the time of hire.
• No experience required.
• Excellent physical condition and must meet POST medical standards
• Ability to speak Spanish