Police Officer Entry-Level
The Seattle Police Department is seeking individuals committed to understanding and protecting the ethical, cultural and ethnic values of the City of Seattle and its residents as Police Officers. As first responders, Police Officers are vital to public safety and under regular supervision, perform basic police services in accordance with the mission, goals and objectives of the City of Seattle Police Department and in compliance with governing federal, state, and local laws.
The City of Seattle is pleased to announce that Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan has signed an ordinance authorizing a hiring incentive in the amount of $7,500 for entry-level Police Officers.
$31.24 – $52.45 Hourly
6/26/2020 4:00 PM Pacific
• Provide for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting good community relations. Explains laws and police procedures to residents.
• Operates a patrol car. Patrols city streets, areas and businesses to deter criminal activity and promote public safety.
• Investigates conditions hazardous to life or property; conducts initial investigations of crime and crime scenes; may assist detectives in criminal investigation work. Conducts search and seizure activities as appropriate. Collects and preserves crime scene and evidence.
• Arrests and/or detains suspected violators of the law. Review facts of incidents to determine if criminal act or statute violations were involved.
• Records facts to prepare reports that document incidents and activities.
• Render aid to accident victims and other persons requiring first aid for physical injuries.
• Transports individuals in custody.
• Presents evidence and testimony in judicial settings.
• Be at least twenty and half (20.5) years of age.
• Hold United States citizenship, OR have legal permanent residency in the U.S.
• Attained a high school diploma or a certificate of high school equivalency (GED).
• Individuals may not have been discharged from military service under dishonorable conditions.