Police Officer (Certified Preferred)
Salary: $23.27/hour ($52,032).
The Suwanee Police Department is looking for a Police Officer to join our department. The Police Officer is responsible for performing police work involving the protection of life and property, the enforcement of laws, and the investigation of crime.
- Answers calls relayed by a dispatcher, to include: domestic disputes, burglaries, suspicious characters or activities, theft or robbery, traffic accidents, etc
- Patrols assigned geographical area of the City to monitor businesses, residences and public areas.
- Investigates and gathers facts at the scene of an incident.
- Writes reports and completes forms, including incident and accident reports.
- Apprehends and cites traffic law violators; and directs traffic in congested areas as needed.
- Provides first aid and CPR as needed; NARCAN.
- Testifies in judicial proceedings when necessary.
- Assists other departmental units and other law enforcement agencies as requested.
- Secures and preserves the scenes of crimes and fatal traffic accidents until appropriate
- Support units arrive to assist with the investigation.
- Performs public service duties, such as assisting lost and stranded motorists, providing transportation to citizens in need, etc.
- Arrests and takes prisoners into custody; and processes persons arrested.
- Inspects weapons and patrol car; and monitors patrol car maintenance.
- Attends training classes and outreach events.
- Conducts accident investigations.
- Conducts community oriented policing activities.
- Attains Crisis Intervention Training Certification; responds to mental health crisis events; consults with mental health professionals; provides and presents non-police services to those in crisis and/or their families.
- Patrols the parks, greenway and recreation facilities.
- Serves as the department’s Community Relations Officer as assigned; coordinates a variety of community-related programs; and practices the philosophy of community policing.
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent; with no experience required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- POST Certified Police Officer preferred but not required.