Police Officer (Candidate Pool)
$40,040.00 – $57,948.80 Annually
9/30/2022 5:00 PM Central
- High school diploma or GED. A transcript from an accredited institution documenting a minimum of twelve (12) hours of completed college coursework with at least a “C” average may substitute for a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Be a Citizen of the United States or a nonimmigrant legally admitted to the United States under the Compact of Free Association (Marshall Islands); Not less than 21 years of age; Must not have a felony conviction before selection into this position.
- An applicant for Certified Police Officer must be a current Certified Law Enforcement Officer with ability to obtain Arkansas certification as established by the Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Training (CLEST) Rules.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation (criminal record, education, employment history, references, etc.).
- Ability to obtain Basic Police Officer Certificate (twelve weeks academy). Ability to obtain the ACIC (Arkansas Crime Information Center) and the NCIC (National Crime Information Center) certification. Must obtain various other certificates to handle specialized equipment to be used with this position.
- Ability to become proficient in using MVR, MCT, Vehicle, Datamaster, Radar, Weapons, Tazer, Stopstix, sound meter and camera. Ability to effectively operate a breath analyzer, computer, radio and other specialized law enforcement equipment.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and other related software programs. Must be able to effectively operate standard office equipment.