Police Officer Academy Sponsorship
Salary: $22.16 hourly.
Open Until Filled
Grandview, Missouri is a first tier suburb in the Kansas City, MO metropolitan area with a population of 25,000. GVPD is a cutting-edge department of 74 full time employees with 57 sworn officers performing the challenging yet rewarding work of law enforcement and community service. No other public official has as much face-to-face contact with the community they serve. You have the opportunity to directly improve safety and quality of life for the people of Grandview. Opportunities at GVPD include: A Traffic Unit, Motorcycle Assignment, SWAT Team, Investigations, assignments at the Jackson County Drug Task Force Undercover Unit, School Resource Officers, Canine and DARE Assignment. The Patrol Division operates on 12 hour shifts with three day weekends off, twice a month.
- High School diploma or equivalent, additional higher education is preferred.
- Eligible to be licensed as a police officer in the State of Missouri with no felony or domestic violence convictions.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum age 21.
- Looking for someone with good character, independent judgment in emergencies, strong writing and communication skills, and ability to work with a diverse public.
- Binocular vision correctable to 20/30, able to recognize forced whisper at 5 feet with correction.
- Ability to successfully complete job specific physical skills test.