Patrols assigned beat on foot or in/on appropriate police vehicle in order to control traffic, prevent crime, prevent disturbance of peace, arrest violators.
7/2/2021 12:00 PM Central
Provides law enforcement for the Police Department and ultimately the citizens of Owensboro to ensure productive, safe, efficient, and customer oriented administration of City services using generally accepted law enforcement practices under the direction of designated management with applicable policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
• Be a US Citizen
• Valid driver's license
• Must be minimum age 21 by test date listed
• High school diploma or GED
• An Associate's degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited college or university in law enforcement, social sciences, communications, management, or other field which is job-related OR
• Two (2) years active duty military OR
• Three (3) years law enforcement experience in a full-time capacity OR
• An equivalent combination of job-related accredited college/university hours and prior law enforcement experience in a full-time capacity OR
• Two (2) years full time experience employed in Central Dispatch at the Owensboro Police Department
• Shall not be convicted felon nor be guilty of a Class A OR 3 or more Class B misdemeanors
• Shall not have used illegal drugs within 12 months of anticipated hire date