Under direct supervision, provides both routine and complex law enforcement duties and responsibilities. Participates in comprehensive training and certification program to be able to function independently in the field.
- Participates in departmental training program and demonstrates job proficiency and knowledge through field activities and examination.
- Responds to citizen’s calls for assistance in a safe and efficient manner. Determines if a crime has been committed and takes appropriate action(s).
- Obtains required information to make arrest and completes report form.
- Be productive, efficient and effective without direct supervision during self-directed work time.
- Patrols the city by driving a police unit or on foot to visually observe any suspicious criminal activity. Investigates circumstances if unusual activity is detected. Takes appropriate action if necessary.
- Interviews or interrogates victims, witnesses, and others to obtain information or evidence to assist in an investigation or for evidence in court.
- Responds to emergencies with the intent of gaining control and managing the emergency.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
21 years of age or older
Excellent physical condition
Must be a legal resident of the United States
If applicable, military service with an honorable discharge as stipulated on a DD214
No felony convictions