Salary: $27.17 to $34.68 Hourly.
Open Until Filled
Cannon Beach Police officers work independently and cooperatively to provide the community law enforcement services, problem solving, public safety and education, and responding to calls for service. Officers ensure protection and crime prevention consistent with community policing objectives. Officers conduct investigations of crimes which lead to identification, apprehension, and prosecution of criminals. This description is an example only and may include other similar duties.
- High School Graduation or GED Certification.
- Basic DPSST Certificate following completion of training, within 18 months of employment.
- Intoxilizer and CPR Certification within 12 months of employment.
- Valid Oregon Driver License and a favorable driving record.
- Must be a U.S. citizen within 18 months of hire.
- At least 21 years of age.
- No felony convictions or convictions of domestic assault misdemeanor.
- Resident within a 45 minute drive of Cannon Beach city limits.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must successfully pass the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) medical examination that includes vision and hearing tests and a psychological examination.
- Must successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation including criminal history check.
- Must be able to testify in a court of law.
- Additional assignments may require additional specialized training as defined by the Cannon Beach Police Department.