Do you have what it takes to join our team of dedicated professionals? Ready to serve a community that respects and appreciates your commitment? The Corpus Christi Police Department is where you belong.
- Paid thirty-two week Academy.
- Veterans education benefits available through VA during Academy and Field Training.
- First year cadet/police officer earns approximately $50,614.
- Second-year officer earns approximately $57,599 (not including incentive pays) with regular step increases thereafter.
- Four-day forty-hour work week upon Academy graduation.
- Additional/incentive pays include education pay, shift differential, weekend pay, longevity pay, swat team, hostage negotiation, dive team, field training officer pay.
You must be at least age twenty (20) by the start of the Academy which begins in August 2022 and must have reached age twenty-one (21) by the projected Academy graduation date in February 2023. You must be less than age forty-five to receive a conditional offer of employment.
You must have a high school diploma or a General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
Citizenship & Residency
You must be a United States Citizen and once hired you must reside within a sixty-minute drive of City Hall.