This position is responsible for the protection of life and property and the enforcement of state laws and city ordinances including detection and apprehension of suspected violators. This work involves an element of personal danger and frequent contact with the public under emergency and non-emergency conditions. This officer may be assigned to various types of duty and shift hours in accordance with department needs. The officer is assigned to a superior officer who they will receive work instructions and assignments from. The officer is required to maintain several certificates as required by F.D.L.E. and department needs including Human Diversity, firearms, and C. P. R. training.
Minimum Education: Must be a high school graduate or possess a state equivalency diploma.
Certificate of Completion of Certificate of Compliance in basic law enforcement training with the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission or must successfully complete academy training to become certified according to state regulations.
The Satellite Beach Police Department requires that a law enforcement candidate must:
• Be US citizens, by birth or naturalization
• Be at least 19 years old
• Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent
• Pass a background investigation
• Not have any felony convictions nor disqualifying misdemeanors
• Possess a valid Florida driver’s license
• Must have documentation of processed fingerprints on file with the employing agency
• Must pass a physical examination by a licensed physician, physician assistant, or certified
advanced registered nurse practitioner Must pass the vision, medical, psychological, and fitness evaluations and a polygraph test)
• Must have good moral character as determined by a background investigation under procedures established by the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission.
• Have an Honorable Discharge (if a military veteran) from the Armed Forces of the United States
o (Dishonorable | Bad Conduct | or Other Than Honorable discharges automatically
disqualifies a candidate from consideration)