If you are excited to make a difference in your community and join a team that maintains the highest standards of service apply to be a Police Officer with the Westerville Police Department today!
Under the direction of a sergeant, or lieutenant, has responsibility to enforce all local, state and federal laws within the City of Westerville. Performs other duties as assigned.
$61,838.40 – $97,136.00 Annually
6/11/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
- Ability to operate Division vehicles and equipment.
- Patrols the community on foot, or in police cars protecting persons and property.
- Enforces all state laws and city ordinances.
- Investigates complaints; interviews suspects and witnesses.
- Responds to emergency calls for assistance.
- Performs criminal and vehicle crash investigations.
- Performs traffic enforcement duties.
- Performs routine security inspections
- Conducts searches and seizures.
- Completes detailed written reports.
- Makes arrests when necessary.
- Uses firearms as necessary.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of hire.
- Both eyes must be correctable to 20/20 vision and no color blindness.
- Must possess a valid State of Ohio Motor Vehicle Operator's License free from excessive violations.
- Must have successfully passed all qualifying examinations and completed the Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy.
- Knowledge of first aid and CPR.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate and manage the public under a variety of circumstances.
- Ability to work a varied schedule on a variety of shifts.
- Candidates do not have to be OPOTA certified in order to apply.