Salary: $48,695.31 Annually.
Performs intermediate protective service work involving a variety of general or support duty police assignments; does related work as required. Work is performed under regular supervision. Work is frequently performed under emergency situations and involves considerable personal hazard and danger.
- Patrols the City, responds to service requests; enforces laws and ordinances; makes arrests; prepares and serves warrants, issues citations for traffic laws, testifies in court; prepares records and files.
- On an assigned shift, operates a patrol vehicle, walks, or operates bicycle to observe for violations of traffic laws, suspicious activities or persons, and disturbances of law and order; enforces drug laws; conducts follow up investigations; develops intelligence sources.
- Ensures police vehicle is properly operated and maintained.
- Responds to radio dispatches and answers calls and complaints; conducts surveillance and stake-outs.
- Investigates traffic accidents; makes checks on senior citizens; conducts neighborhood watch meetings.
- Secures crime scenes and collects and packages evidence. May act as a School Resource Officer; may be assigned to the Community Response Team.
- Provides police escorts; directs traffic; performs residential and commercial checks.
- Follows safe work practices and procedures and reports unsafe conditions existing in street or other public facilities.
- Prepares detailed reports on activities and assignments.
- May be assigned to investigations, crime prevention, special duty, special operations, etc.
- Performs related tasks as required.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. and at least 21 years of age.
- Valid Florida driver license.
- Must be certified or able to present proof of current enrollment (to be followed by satisfactory completion of) State of Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Basic Law Enforcement Academy.
- The incumbent must also meet and maintain all minimum state and local training and educational requirements for this position.
- Candidates must not have applied within the past year for a Police Officer position at the City of Oviedo.