$55,578.00 – $83,366.00 Annually
The Police Officer position performs a wide variety of police and law enforcement activities. This includes providing public protection services on a routine basis; arbitrating disputes; protecting and recovering property; and patrolling the City of Anna to prevent, detect and investigate criminal violations of federal, state and local laws.
Duties include an element of personal danger, i.e., exposure to life-threatening circumstances, apprehending criminals, and transporting prisoners. Incumbents perform duties in accordance with State Statutes and established departmental policies, procedures and guidelines. Incumbent must be able to act without close supervision and must be able to exercise independent judgment.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Certification is required)
- Applicant must have a High school diploma or GED.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
- Applicant must possess a current Texas Class “C” driver’s license.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age at time of application.
- Must be able to work various shifts including nights, holidays and weekends.
- Have been honorably discharged from any and all military service or provide proof of acceptable military re-enlistment eligibility if prior service is uncharacterized.
- Pass a physical examination, polygraph examination and drug screen.
- Physical exam includes a vision and hearing test. Applicants must pass the hearing test and vision must be correctable to 20/20 with normal color vision.
- Meet all legal requirements for future licensing and certification required by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE). For a complete list of the state’s licensing requirements please visit TCOLE at www.tcole.texas.gov.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish