Operations position, which encompasses the day to day law enforcement work of the department. The primary duty shall be the prevention and detection of crime offenses at that street level.
- Effect an arrest, forcibly if necessary, using handcuffs and other restraints.
- Prepare investigative and other reports, including sketches.
- Operate a law enforcement vehicle during both day and night.
- Pursue fleeing suspects and perform rescue operations.
- Adhere to the requirements of the department’s Drug Free Workplace Program including non-use of tobacco products during working hours. (DRUG TEST WILL BE REQUIRED)
- Complete and maintain physical fitness as prescribed by department standards. (PHYSICAL FITNESS ASSESSMENT WILL BE REQUIRED)
- Participate in Defensive Tactics as required. Perform additional duties as assigned. Be available for emergency call-outs.
- Completion of or enrollment in a State of Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Basic Law Enforcement Academy. Must successfully complete the academy prior to date of hire.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid driver license. Must obtain State of Florida driver license within thirty (30) days of employment. Driving history for the past three (3) years must reflect no violations of a driving related offense, or driving under the influence (DUI) which includes both drugs and alcohol, reckless driving, or hit and run involving an occupied vehicle or attended property, or an accumulation of traffic violations, plus three (3) points for each attendance at driving school (regardless of whether points were assessed against the license) where the penalty points do not exceed nine (9).
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Previous law enforcement experience.
- Completion of the following NIMS Courses within the designated amount of time from hire date:
- Basic IS-700 (6 months)
- Basic ICS-100 (6 months)