We are looking for officers and we want you to be part of the Sterling Heights Police Team! Here, at the Sterling Heights Police Department, we offer some of the best pay and benefits in the state. Additional benefits include:
- Large agency with 161 sworn officers and a multitude of different bureaus, units and assignments to keep you enriched throughout your entire career.
- Top salary as an officer is $91,590
- Four 10-hour day work weeks
- Afternoon Shift Premium 4% of base hourly rate, Midnight Shift 5%
- Generous medical and dental benefits
- BCBS Simply Blue PPO & BCBS Dental Plan
- Traditional pension with a 2.5% multiplier
- Early Retirement Option Program
- Lateral pay incentive giving credit up to 5 years of prior police service toward your starting salary
- 100 hour holiday check paid annually
- $1500 clothing allowance paid annually
- Longevity pay – 5 years ($1,000); 10 years ($1,865); 15 years ($2,731); 20 years ($3,663)
- Ample time off
- Great uniform options
You must have a current EMPCO test score of 75% or higher to qualify prior to October 1st, so schedule an upcoming test at empco.net. Check out www.sterling-heights.net and our Facebook page for more information (or) email Sergeant Susalla at email@example.com for our recruitment flyer. The only question we cannot answer, is why you haven’t started the application process yet?